GAS GAS MY23 ENDURO LINE IS OUT
GAS GAS 2023 ENDURO LINE
Gas Gas has unveiled their long-awaited 2023 enduro line and they look great. After brand’s joint venture had started in late 2019 we received an exciting looking MY21 line and they were quiet ever since unlike the sister brands. It was now their turn for the spotlight attraction.
There is nothing ground breaking changes in terms of technology or hardware but still they get a 10/10 from us with the new graphics. Let’s jump into the technical highlights with a photo show.
Engine management system (EMS)
Apart from controlling EFI parameters on the 4-strokes, the Keihin EMS features the gear sensor, where power delivery is tailored for each gear.
- Keihin EMS → smaller, lighter and faster at processing engine data for more efficient engine management
- Gear sensor → specific engine maps for each gear
On the 2-strokes, the EMS features an electronic control unit (ECU) which is responsible for a number of functions. The unit determines the ignition timing, the amount of fuel & oil injected and additionally receives information from the throttle position sensor, ambient air & intake pressure sensors as well as crankcase pressure and water temperature sensors to adapt values and make corrections for automatic temperature and altitude compensation. This means there is no need to change carburetor jetting as in the past.
- 2-stroke EMS → modern engine management eliminating the need for jetting changes
The 4-stroke range features a 42mm Keihin throttle body. The injector is positioned to ensure the most efficient flow into the combustion chamber while to ensure optimal throttle response the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage providing more immediate throttle response and feeling.
- Throttle body → 42 mm, injector positioned for optimal flow, more immediate throttle response thanks to direct cable mounting
The 2-strokes use a 39 mm throttle body which regulates the amount of air entering the engine via a butterfly operated by dual throttle cables connected to the handlebar throttle assembly. Unlike 4-stroke throttle bodies, fuel is not introduced at this point, but rather 2-stroke oil is mixed with the air entering the engine to lubricate the crankshaft, cylinder & piston. Additionally, a throttle position sensor (TPS) relays airflow data to the ECU which in turn calculates the amount of oil and fuel delivered to the engine while a bypass screw regulates the idling speed and a cold start device opens a bypass providing more air for cold starts.
- 39 mm throttle body→ regulates air flow, TPS relays airflow data
Braktec hydraulic clutch
The hydraulic clutch system provides even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Braktec hydraulic clutch → perfect modulation in every condition
Best level of quality is guaranteed with the Braktec braking system, offering high levels of braking performance while being specifically tailored for enduro riding and delivering a sensitive and modulated feel. The front brake with a 11mm mastercylinder and its monoblock 2x25mm piston caliper is fitted with a 260mm front waved brake disc while the rear brake has a 12,7 mm mastercylinder and a 1x25mm piston Braktec system caliper featuring a 220 mm rear brake disc, keeping weight to a minimum and offering complete braking confidence by delivering superior stopping power instilling confidence in any condition.
- Braktec brake calipers and high-performance discs → superior stopping power with greater control and confidence.
Integrated cooling system and radiators
The efficient and lightweight radiators give the EC range a low centre of gravity and are expertly crafted using high strength aluminium. CFD (computational fluid dynamics) is used to channel air through the radiators efficiently and provide optimal cooling in any condition. The cooling system is integrated into the frame allowing for improved cooling by channelling coolant through the frame while eliminating the need for additional hoses. Radiator covers at the front provide effective protection in case of crashing.
- Integrated cooling → maximum efficiency in minimum space.
- CFD radiators → efficient for optimal cooling.
- 8,5 litre polythene fuel tanks → large capacity for extended running times.
Maxxis Maxx Enduro medium tires.
Neken handlebar, grips and throttle assembly
- NEKEN handlebar → Function and style with optimal comfort.
- Throttle assembly and ODI grips → easily alter throttle progression; easy grip mounting without glue.
WP XACT rear shock
- Low-friction linkage seals → refined rear shock response for advanced damping characteristics
- Lightweight and compact → keeping to the lightweight and compact design of the motorcycle
- Pressure balance → consistent damping
- Advanced linkage progression → Exceptional control and comfort
- 300 mm wheel travel
WP XPLOR front fork
- WP XPLOR front fork → 48 mm
- Easy access clicker dials → simple and fast clicker settings